Use this form to apply for a 25% single person discount:
- if you already have your Council Tax account
- and you are the only adult (18 or over) living in the property
- or you need to advise that your circumstances have changed (for example someone has moved in)
It is only possible to backdate a single persons discount for a maximum period of 365 days using this form
If the start date of the discount (or the date you're no longer entitled to discount) is more than 14 days away, please tell us about it nearer the time, as we won't be able to update your account until then.
Don't use this form
- If you're applying for a discount because there's one person in your home who's not a student and all other people are, please use our Apply for a disregard discount form instead.
- If you're applying for a discount because a member of your household has died, please use our Tell us about a change form instead.
Please continue to pay your Council Tax as billed while we deal with your application. Recovery action may be taken if you don't pay.
Data privacy statement
We process your personal data to provide you with statutory services. We may share information provided with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds, law enforcement agencies, or undertake local anti-fraud initiatives, to prevent and detect fraud or money laundering. If you provide false or inaccurate information and fraud is identified, we may pass details to fraud prevention agencies to prevent more fraud and money laundering.
More information about fraud
We'll process your personal information under the relevant data protection legislation. We may share your data without your consent, where it’s lawful to do so.
More information about data protection
Information about data collected via online forms
Choose one of the following options
Start a new form
Choose this option to start a new form
Continue a saved form
Choose this option to retrieve a previously saved form - enter your reference number from last time and click continue